Thought for today:
‘Any new beginning is forged from the shards of the past, not from the abandonment of the past.’
— Craig D. Lounsbrough
#thoughtfortoday #HappyNewYear #newyearnewyou #newbeginning #resolutions #reflections
Happy New Year!
This is traditionally a time of resolutions – things we vow we will do in the New Year.
I’m not sure this approach works so well.
As I often say, if we could change simply by thinking I would have far fewer clients.
I prefer a different approach, I’ll share it here.
Ask yourself these four questions:
1. What would I like to do less of this year?
2. What would I like to do more of this year?
3. What would I like to stop doing this year?
4. What would I like to start doing this year?
Then for each answer:
i. Is this within your control, or at least strong influence?
ii. If so, how will you make this happen?
iii. Why do you want this?
iv. Why do you REALLY want this?
The last point is that the first answer to Why is often trite.
You need to understand the real reason you want this.
– How will your life be different at the end of the year if you do the first four things?
This is a year full of potential, opportunity and challenge.
I hope it is all you want it to be.